Industrial Uses of MTO :
MTO is Used as an extraction solvent, as a cleaning solvent, as a degreasing solvent and as a solvent in Aerosols, Paints, Wood preservatives, Lacquers, Varnishes, and Asphalt products MTO is mainly used as Raw Material for paints / varnishes. MTO is also used for dry cleaning and other industrial cleaning purposes.
Material Safety Data Sheet :
- IDENTIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE / PREPARATION AND COMPANY UNDERTAKING Product Name : Mineral turpentine. General Use :heating up homes and fuel trucks to lighting up furnaces, producing steam for industrial uses and for generating electric energy.2
- COMPOSITION / INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS Synonyms : Heating Oil; High Sulfur Diesel; Heating Oil Plus
- HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION Primary Entry Routes : OSHA/NFPA COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID – SLIGHT TO MODERATE IRRITANT-EFFECTS CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM – HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED
- FIRST AID MEASURES Eyes: Flush with water for 15 min. Get medical attention. Skin: Wash with warm water & soap.Inhalation: Remove to fresh air. Consult a physician if irritation persists. Ingestion: Get medical help at once
- FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES Flash Point :Vapors may ignite rapidly when exposed to heat, spark, open flame or other source of ignition. When mixed with air and exposed to an ignition source, flammable vapors can burn in the open or explode in confined spaces. Vapors may travel long distances to an ignition source and flashback.Vapors are heavier than air and may accumulate in low areas. Runoff to sewer may lead to fire or explosion
- ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES Small Spills : Take up with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible, inert oil absorbing materials. Carefully shovel, scoop or sweep up into a waste container with clean, non-sparking tools for reclamation or disposal. Response and clean-up crews must be properly trained and must utilize proper protective equipment Local, state, and / or Federal notification may be required if this material is released to the environment
- HANDLING AND STORAGE Handling Precautions: Handle as a combustible liquid. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame.Electrical equipment should be approved for classified area. Bond and ground containers during product transfer to reduce potential for static Initiated fire or explosion.
- EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION Engineering Controls: Wear protective gloves when handling. Emergency eye wash capability should be available in the near proximity to operations presenting a potential splash exposure. Use good personal hygiene practices. Avoid repeated and/or prolonged skin Exposure. Wash hands before eating, drinking, smoking, or using toilet facilities. Do not use as a cleaning solvent on the skin.